Saturday, January 8, 2011

Family Haircuts

Getting a haircut China is kinda fun.  The cost to have all of us get a hair cut is the price of one cheap haircut in the States.  We had a fun day rotating all 4 of us Nelsons through a hair salon just out side our apartment complex.  Sophia was excited to get her hair cut.  You get to lie down on a bed while they wash and massage your head. She did really well.  For girls they style your hair after the cut and for guys they rinse your hair again.  My hair doesn't do much styling but they put a little body into for me.  I wonder what they thought to have a foreign family of 4 with 2 small children come in. They were nice and brave enough to buzz Tate's hair for us.  We had fun that day!
I think Sophia was getting board in this picture...they liked to take their time
co-worker making faces for Tate - he liked that

4 comments:

adventure knitter said...

Cute! I got my haircut this week as well! But it wasn't as cool of an experience as you guys had... I'm just glad I found someone who didn't screw up my hair. Sophia looks like a little chinese girl!

Omi and Opi said...

Love it!
Thanks for taking us along :)

Kristin said...

THat scalp massage looks like heaven! I'd go every day just to have my hair washed!

Kaer said...

I'm missing Tate's cow lick :)