The maple sugar farm in Ottawa. We saw how they process maple syrup this weekend.

We took a sleigh ride through the maple trees. It smelt like maple syrup :-) We saw how they wire all the trees together to drip the sap and it all goes into a filter, they add a little bit of water and wallaa...you have maple syrup :-) (the summarized version)


We let Sophia play with the snow. She liked being out side.



They made maple taffy on the snow for us. It was really good. All of the steel machinery you see is the trough they collect and filter the syrup in. Fun fun!!!
3 comments:
awesome! i'm glad you guys are doing cool things up there! I can't believe the snow! Just looking at it makes me soooo cold! I want summer to be here! (and then i'll complain that it's too hot)
That's so cool! I never knew they tied the trees together like that!
I know I've said it before but Sophia is SO DANG cute! When you get back, we'll have to do a photo shoot! Hope you're having a good time! Come back soon!
Post a Comment