 |
| View from our balcony |
Hey There,
Why in the world did I ever think about living abroad? Am I really in China? I am so ready to pack up and go back home. To bad that is not in the contract. We are here for a while and somewhere deep down I know things will work out. Until then I just have to be
very very patient. Days with out sleep and a proper meal sure did throw me under the bus. I was afraid that I'd never get back out. But here I am and I think I have hit a turning point. I can do this....
 |
| Our kitchen. Through the door is our laundry balcony. |
So...It took about a good 8-9 days for us all to get over jet lag. I never want to do that again with 2 small children :-). Our kitchen sink leaked big time and it wasn't fixed for about 6 days. I wasn't about to use a bunch of dishes or work with raw meat while my kitchen sink was out of order so we lived off of bread and fruit. One morning I got brave and made spaghetti for breakfast at 6 am. Our schedule was all messed up. Still even with the kitchen in order it has been hard getting to the grocery stores and finding things to eat. We have had a difficult time navigating through their crowed shopping markets with the kids. Way too stressful. China is not a 2 kid friendly place.
 |
| McD's with Tate |
Our first outings were to IKEA and McD's. I mistakenly bought a spicy chicken sandwich and boy was that spicy. I usually hate spicy food but I was so hungry I didn't care. I ate it until my mouth burned.
 |
| Tate's first Taxi ride. Sophia slept through it all. |
We get around by taxi every where we go. I was hoping things would be closer to our apartment but unfortunately our apartment is not near anything I would want to venture out and try. That makes it hard to go to grocery stores or markets. Things are pretty dirty around her so it will take me a while before I start buying edible things from the street. I can't wait to give our apartment a good deep cleaning. Just need to get the stuff to do it. We'll be camping out without our stuff for a while. I think maybe too long :-) Another thing to be very patient about. Fun, Fun!
Sincerely yours,
7 comments:
hang on there!!
You can do it Shoshana! That sounds like the toughest few weeks - it is a huge transition and having poor sleep and food would make anyone a crazy person! I had to laugh at your line that said, "China isn't a 2-kid friendly place." Don't they have laws about that? ;)
I hope things improve for all of you soon! Enjoy your lovely view!
Keep your chin up! It will get better. I feel your pain - been there, done that. Eventually you'll love it and feel like you own the place!
You can do it!
The adjustment period is always the hardest. When I went to BYUH I wanted to come home the first 2 weeks, and I was in HAWAII!!! You'll find your bearings soon and it'll turn out to be an amazing experience!
Good Luck!
Hope your stuff gets there soon, it will be better to have more of your own things around and to be able to use.
Wait....there's an IKEA? There's a little bright spot of hope. (And how is it China gets one and LV doesn't?? The world is unfair lol)
If this is how things started off, then it has to only get better! I'm rooting for you!
Post a Comment