Thursday, April 30, 2009

Here's the story...





Well, he is finally here.
For all of those who want to hear the story here it is. After plenty of days waiting- I went in for an ultrasound on Monday to check on Tate. He looked and sounded great which meant I still had time to wait according to the midwife. She said she'd set me up with an appointment to be induced later that week (Week ending May 2nd) and her instructions were to "just wait for her phone call". We were all doing a little too much waiting so I finally gave in and tried the castor oil thing that night (4/27). That did it for me.

Tuesday morning contractions started (not as easy as it sounds). We left for the hospital around 5:30am. By the time I got to the hospital I was dilated to a 6. Contractions stink!!! I wasn't doing very well with them so as soon as I got hooked up to the IV I asked for some medication. I thought that may help settle things down with out getting an epidural, but my body took it's time progressing. The medication wore off and I knew I wouldn't be able to last. So I had an epidural. By 4:30pm I was finally ready to push and Tate came an hour later. It seemed like a long day but it took half the time of Sophia's birth (2.5 hours of pushing). The midwife took very good care of me and the baby so I didn't have any tearing or stitches. Such a relief!

Tate gave us a scare by choking himself on the cord right at the last minute. They had to get him to start breathing again. He came right back and is doing really well. Such a content and tiny little boy!


5 comments:

adventure knitter said...

We're so glad he's finally here! And he's sooo sweet looking! We'll give you a few days to get home and settle in and then we'll come visit!

Omi and Opi said...

Our grandson is sooo handsome! Shoshana, you look great! Adam looks like he held up pretty well too :-) We can't wait to see you all soon!

The Yuan Fam said...

Wow! Caster Oil huh?! I've heard about that. I'm glad everything went smooth.

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

Happy recovering :-) We are so glad Tate arrived safe and sound and that you are doing well--having a baby is a big deal! I was giving Renaun the play-by-play over the phone when I found out news. It sounds like you made the most of some hard contractions and we are so proud of you. Off to gaze some more at Tate's pictures...

momomom said...

Congratulations you guys!! How wonderful for you. Best of luck adjusting to two - it'll get easier.