Saturday, April 16, 2011

Family Vacation

Adam and I had a vacation planned and arranged to go to Tokyo. But then the nasty earthquake hit and we had to cancel. I was pretty bummed because honestly one of the reasons I decided to live abroad was for the more frequent opportunities to travel and Tokyo was the first on my list to go.  Now I'll have to wait another year before I can get back there.  I also feel terrible for the people recovering from the disaster. 
Since we put all our effort into planning a vacation we decided to find another place to go and many people recommended Thailand.  So that's where we went. We had a great few days in the sun...relaxing with good food and good service.  A well needed family vacation.  Worth every penny!

Sophia and Tate were worn out by the end of each day. We swam, played, and ate.  Tate was the messiest boy in the mornings at breakfast. He insisted on drinking from his very one big persons cup. The waitresses were cleaning him up every chance they got. Sophia was delighted and very surprised when she and I went out for pedicures.  I think that was her highlight.  She was way excited to have pink nails because she knows her mom doesn't have any of that stuff around the house. (She is so much more of a girl than I ever was - what am I going to do?) They both were taken over by the waves at the beach but they were good sports and enjoyed the sand.


8 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like you all had a great, relaxing time! I would love to go to Thailand one day!

Mary said...

What fun! It looks so beautiful there by the ocean. Makes me want a vacation too!

adventure knitter said...

I love the pictures! That looks amazing! Yet another place I want to visit someday... I can't believe how big Sophia is getting!!

Lydia said...

haha love the cute pink toenails and the hello kitty face paint! And that pool looks gorgeous. I'm glad you had a fun vacation!

Me and My Brain said...

wow... That looks like an amazing place to stay. I'm glad you got a vacation... I think I need to go there

Nathan's Mommy said...

Amazing! Love your own private pool. :) The kids are looking so grown up. And I LOVE Tate's clothes! ;) Glad you had a nice, relaxing time as a family.

Asenath said...

sounds like you had a great time. it looks beautiful. what a vacation. :) i love seeing the picture of sophia getting her nail done. you can see the excitment in her face.

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

Wow, looks like a terrible time. Next time you should stay at a nicer place!

kidding!

Seriously? Pool in backyard? That ocean view? WOW!