The squid is starting to communicate! Sophia apparently has given up on any hopes that we will understand "da da ba ba da da da da da" translates to "put me down for a nap". So now when she's really tired, she'll lay down on the floor like this, pop her head up-look at us, then plop her head back down on the pillow. She'll continue to do so until we pick her up and put her down for a nap in the other room.
Now we just need to train her to bring us diapers when she needs one changed! We haven't figured out if that one is "ba ba da ma ma da ba ma" or "ma da ba ma ma da dah!"
6 comments:
Problems with communication doesn't end when they learn how to talk: you'll have to look at our post "translation please!"
Sho, you crack me up :) Sophia is so cute in her pics, I cant wait to see her and you in real life in a few months. It's fun learning to read babies cues, they are so expressive in their own little ways. Call me this week when you get a chance -K Nanda and Steve are coming Wed for summer games and mom and dad for the weekend.
I'd say you have the perfect child, not only does she WANT to nap, she tells you when it's time?! Enjoy her, the next one may not be so easy!
Sho, sorry I missed your call I do want to talk to you really bad I miss hearing from you but I do enjoy reading your blogs and seeing how cute sophia is what a personality smart little girl too. Hope your leg heals fast. Love you!
ananda
She is getting so big! It's amazing how fast they grow! Wish I could see you again, but we are so far apart now. How is everything going on your end? =-)
Post a Comment