Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Tree Hunt


Hunting for Christmas trees the day after Thanksgiving has been a tradition in my fathers family since who knows when. Last year was the first year that my children were able to join in the fun. And this year they helped cut down grandpa and grandma's tree. 
This is Nolan last year at the tree hunt. He was two months old

We met in the mountains with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We grilled tuna sandwiches, made home made ice cream, and a dutch over dessert. (I'm not quite sure what my grandpa calls it - sorry grandpa...I'm just not around enough). This time Tate and I had the privilege of licking the ice cream churn when the ice cream was done. That was a treat. 
Nolan found sticks. Sophia tagged along with her cousin and grandparents and loved playing in the dirt.
Hot chocolate with marshmallows.
Yum! Ice cream.
Tired boys!
What a beautiful place to call home. I love America!

No comments: