Friday, June 8, 2012

Tokyo Disney!!!

We finally made it back to Japan and I had a fantastic time. So did the kids :-) We visited old friends and played at Disneyland. We rode trains, buses, roller coasters, and walked a lot. 


 Get ready for a lot more pictures....

 Sophia and Tate are all to familiar with the plane routine. They made themselves right at home and snuggled up when they were tired.
 That's us on the train. It was fun navigating through the Tokyo train stations again. The kids did great...and we never had to ride during rush hour. 
Breakfast at the hotel - first morning
Welcome to Tokyo Disney




I loved watching him ride the rides with us. 
Sophia took this picture for us...
 Adam was kind enough to wear a Mickey shirt with me :-)

Our sumo baby! -Nolan just after a bath
 We visited some of my friends and I showed the kids where my old mission home and chapel was. They don't use the mission home any more so it may get torn down for more parking.
Sophia on the road...at a local park.
The Takanezawa boys
 This is the station I went to everyday while I was a student here in Japan. We visited my host family and had a great Japanese meal. Sophia enjoyed hanging out with their youngest daughter who unfortunately was taking the picture so we don't have a picture of her. 

Another day at Disney

Tired boys...thanks for taking a nap Tate - you needed it!

Sophia rode Thunder Mountain with both of us...she was brave. She said it was scary but she liked it.
Tate and Sophia's favorite ride (buzz lightyear)...they waited in line twice
 Sophia and Tate were allowed to pick one toy from Disney. Tate picked a Buzz gun that makes noise and Sophia picked out that pink Minnie hair bow. 
Hold on Nolan, here we go!
Visit with the Sato's and had a great mix of food and fun.
Hanging out at the hotel
 We stayed in a tradition style Japanese room and slept on futons. It was great fun. Adam laughed about staying in a nice hotel just to sleep on the floor :-). Sophia loved the Japanese kid channel in the mornings. 

Kids pancakes at TGIFridays...SO YUMMY!
Nolan tastes a French fry

Sophia pointing to Dori.
 We went to a near by aquarium and saw some interesting things.
A funky looking sea horse
That's about it....I loved being back in Tokyo. Wish I could live there again some day. It was fun being the one who knew what was going on and having to translate every now and then. The kids keep asking to go back.  Now Adam is out numbered...we'll have to go back!

3 comments:

Nathan's Mommy said...

Nathan is excited to see that Mickey Mouse is really real! :) And that Uncle Adam is taller than the fish.

Kaer said...

I like your matching shirt pic with Adam. I'm glad you enjoyed visiting in Japan.

Omi and Opi said...

Wow - looks like everyone had a great time! Love Sophia's crown, Tate's 'to infinity and beyond!' pose and Nolan's ability to keep up with them!